How to Eat to Build Muscle: 9 Essential Rules for Building Muscle
What do you think of your body? Is it valuable to you? The body is a machine which reinvents consistently itself reinvents. You need eating to provide energy for the body. But, you have to know about how to eat to build muscle.
eBuildMuscle.com – It is important for you to have a healthy body and good body shape. You have to know that your body will break down body’s tissues. Then, it will replace them with new great stuff. Of course, the stuff is a combination of the recycled material and the food which you eat.
9 Rules of Building Muscle
Eating is one of the keys to have the great muscle of your body. However, there are some things which you have to know about eating to build muscle. How to eat to build muscle? Here, you will know information about it.
- If you want to have the great muscle you have to know that it will be important for you to increase calories. Of course, your weight will increase too. It means that you also have to burn the calories each day. You have to remember not to eat the calories too much. Why? Yeah, when you do that, you will start the process of fat-storing. So, the key of the building muscle by eating is to eat enough for the process of muscle-gaining.
- Considering about meal timing is very important for you. It is good to stay lean during bulking up. When you only gain the quality mass, you should increase your meals at after training and breakfast. These two times are good for your body to get more calories and nutrients. But, you have to avoid the calories at post-workout and after a night’s sleep. Why? It is because the stressed muscles need of replenishment for recovery process of your body. You have to understand the meal timing to understand how to eat to build muscle.
- Your muscles need rest days for growing process. But, it is not necessary for you to scarf down of carbohydrates. When you are on training days, you will need more carbs. But, when you are inactive, the need of the carbs can be fall. It becomes the reason why people get into trouble. They continue to eat a high-carb when they are in active. What is the result? Yeah, they will be fat, and it is terrible.
- When we talk about how to eat to build muscle, you have to know that the protein is essential for the goal. There is a rule about consuming the protein for building muscle. The rule is that you will need about
0.7 to 0.8 times of protein based on the weight of your body in grams. When you are 150 pounds, it will be better for you to eat about 105 to 120 grams of protein every day. The rule is special for you who want to gain muscle consistently. Some foods which have good protein are beef, lamb, venison, bison, tuna, swordfish, salmon, trout, bass, swordfish, mackerel, chicken, duck, turkey, duck, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, egg.
- You have to know kind of food which is the complete protein and incomplete protein. For you who want to build muscle, you need to eat complete protein, such as meat, eggs, fish, milk, cheese, and most other animal products. The sign of the complete protein is bled or breathes. How to eat to build muscle if you are a vegetarian? There are many kinds of non-animal food which have complete proteins. It means that if you are a vegetarian, you still can build your muscle. Some non-animal foods which have complete protein are quinoa, chia, soy, hemp seed, buckwheat, and legumes or beans with rice.
- For building your muscle, you have to know about PDCAAS. The PDCAAS is Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score. The PDCAAS will measure of different quality proteins which are digested by the body. It will also lead you to know how to eat to build muscle. The measurement is based on the solubility of the amino acids of the protein. The grading system of protein quality of the PDCAAS, 0 will be the lowest and one will be the highest score. ere, you will see protein score of the food based on the PDCAAS.
• 0.4: whole wheat
• 0.5: peanuts, cereals, and derivatives
• 0.7: black beans, chickpeas, vegetables, fruits, vegetables, other legumes
• 0.9: soybeans, beef
• 1.00: casein, egg, soy protein, whey
- It will better for you to eat healthy fats. It is not every fat is created equal. Yeah, there is information that eating healthy fats is good for your body. It is good for you to take about 20% until 35% of calories from the fats. You should eat polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. There are some fats which are good for you. They are nuts, soy product, peanut, fish, pumpkin seeds, canola, olive, sunflower, and avocado oil.
- If you want to know about how to eat to build muscle, you have to know about kind of bad fats which you have to avoid. Yeah, trans and saturated fats are not good for your body. Actually, there are many opinions about the saturated fats for a success of the diet. But, it will be better for you to limit or avoid them. You have to make sure that the saturated fats are no more than 10% of caloric intake. In another hand, the trans fats, are proven to be “bad” fats and unhealthy. It means that you have to make up them no more than 1% of caloric intake. Some foods that can be categorized as bad fats are high-fat cuts of meat, fried foods, ice cream, packaged snack food, stick margarine, candy bars, vegetable shortening, and lard.
- Plenty of fiber is good for you. You have to remember that it is important for you to consume green vegetables during your diets, such as broccoli or spinach. Making sure that your body gets enough vitamins is important. Vegetable with the green leaf is high in fiber. Removing waste from your body is essential. This plenty of fiber will be the answer of how to eat to build muscle.
The information about how to eat to build muscle above will lead you to have the incredible muscle in your body. I believe that you will be confident because of it. Then, just do the instruction above, and you will get what you want.
Choosing Muscle Building Food
Choosing muscle building food can be hard, especially if you a vegetarian. It is because the food for muscle building should richly consist of protein. There are not many sources of the protein for vegetarian as many as the non-vegetarian. But if you are a vegetarian, you don’t need to worry. There is a way to solve it. As an addition, there will be a guide for women to create their meal plan if they want to gain a muscle.
Read also: Best Supplement To Build Muscle
High Protein Vegetarian Foods For Muscle Building
For those who are vegetarians, there are some ways you can get high protein muscle building food. The first thing you should do is understand which vegetarian type you are. For your information, there are four types which have different rules in each of them. Below are the explanations.
Lacto vegetarians are the type of the vegetarian people that allow to consuming dairy. It means that there are some sources of high protein for you.
In this type, you are allowed to eat fish. Fish is an excellent source of protein. There are some choices of fish that contain high protein such as salmon and tuna.
This type is unique. In this type, you are allowed to eat egg and dairy. As you see, there is an “ovo” word which means egg.
Vegans aren’t allowed to eat any animal product. Egg, dairy, and any animal sourced food are forbidden to be consumed.
Each type of the vegetarian has its challenge to get the high protein food, in particular for the vegan. But still, there are some ways to solve the problems. If you think the vegan has only limited muscle building food, you are wrong. Here are some recommendations.
For other than vegans types
For Lacto and Lacto-Ovo vegetarians, whey and casein powders are recommended. Whey is the nutrition that contains high protein. It is the highest among the others supplements nutrition. Also for Lacto-Ovo vegetarians, you are having other rich proteins food such as egg protein, egg white protein, and the liquid egg white. They come from the egg, but each of them has a different amount of protein.
For pescatarians, you can also eat sea food. Sea food contains high protein, and it’s a real source of your muscle building food. Other than salmon and tuna, there are some fish that also contain high proteins. They are halibut, snapper, perch, and cod. As your information, Cod also rich of Omega-3. It will help your muscle.
Other excellent sources for those that allowed consuming dairy are yogurt and pure milk.
Read also: Five Best Supplements To Build Muscle
Some choices of the muscle building food are the proteins that come from soy, pea and hemp seed. Pea protein is high in protein and easy to digest. It is the only one that also contains branch-chain amino acids.
Other sources that good for vegetarian types and vegan are beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, soybeans, tofu, tempeh, and seitan. Combine or mixing them all will be your great source of protein. It will work to help you gain your muscle mass.
Meal Plan For Muscle Gain For Female
For a woman that wish to gain muscle and is currently thinking of meal plan, you are at the right moment. The guide to planning your meal is here.
First of all, you should know the nutrients that contain on your meal plan. There are at least three kinds of food in your meal. They are carbohydrate, protein, and fats. For the carbohydrate foods, try to choose potato, white rice, berries, and apples. For protein sources, there are fish, egg whites, and red meat. While the sources of fats are including coconut oil, whole eggs, avocado, walnuts and olive oil.
Second, plan your meals. Planning your meals can be hard if you don’t know the basic rules. As your primary guidance, here’s the example of the meal plans as your reference. For the beginning, divide the food like this: 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fats. It will make you easier to decide the amount of food that you should consume.
- Meal plan 1
In this meal plan, there will be ½ cup of oat meal, one egg with 1 cup of white egg and ½ cup of berries.
- Meal plan 2
We use other food sources in this plan. There will be 100 g of chicken breast, ½ cup of brown rice and ½ cup of mixed vegetables. This could be your simple meal but contains high nutrition.
- Meal plan 3
The example of meal in this part contains one scoop of protein powder, one apple, and Natural Peanut Butter (1 tbsp). This could be your lunch after doing the workout if you want.
- Meal plan 4
150 g of Salmon, 1 cup of spinach salad, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar is an excellent source of meal that will help you build your muscle. For a woman, this will be a great breakfast.
- Meal plan 5
This is the last example of the meal plan. There will be 1 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp natural butter.
You can try to start your meal plan by practicing some the examples above. But it is welcomed if you want to create your meal. If possible, try in larger portions. The key is to remember the division of the meal portions. This will help you to gain more muscle mass.
Remember that underweight will not support the way you workout to gain muscle mass. If you are underweight, then try to eat more and shape your body. You can do this simultaneously while you are aiming to make your muscle bigger. Plan well your meal if you want to do this.
A well-organized meal and well-managed workout will make you see the result of your bigger muscle sooner. It is because the meal will be your first supportive thing that affects the way you workout, primarily the protein. If possible, also add some protein supplement to your meals. Healthy muscle building food will make you healthily build a muscle too.